77 West 24th Street #26A New York City, NY 10010
Summary of Experience:
- June 2018: Third place (out of 50) DeveloperWeek NYC "Hackathon" finalist for TomTom map app with augmented reality
- Top secret security clearance and SCI (sensitive compartmented information) access from the DoD
- Twenty years as a professional computer consultant in Boulder, San Jose, and Washington DC
- Worked as lead on several projects, guiding a team of other programmers, DBA, and specialists
- Background in algorithms and digital signal processing
- Fluent in many languages, including Python, R, Java, MATLAB, VB, Perl, and C/C++
- Taught at the University of Colorado at Boulder on algorithms and software methodology
|C / C++
Microsoft Visual Basic/ VBA
V & V
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering/ Minor in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis in 1992
- Master's Degree in Computer Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2001 (GPA = 3.8)
Recent Web Development:
https://sudurpaschimsamaj.com Nepali non-profit (WordPress, PHP)
https://www.davidmenkesleather.com Volunteer work for NY-based design house (SquareSpace)
http://perfectboundpress.com Co-owner, small press (Amazon ebooks)
http://www.patrickkellogg.com/wtt "WalkThruTime" 3rd place contest entry for DeveloperWeek NYC 2018
Barton Solvents, Inc.
1/2012 - present
Family-run chemical distribution company in the Midwest. Helped plan expansion, process tax information and financials.
UBS AG Financial Services
4/2011 - 8/2011
Converted bond tranche information from Excel to MATLAB and R.
12/2004 - 12/2010
Worked as a defense contractor writing complex algorithms and digital signal processing programs in Java, Visual Basic, MATLAB, and C++ using Oracle. Managed program oversight for the Department of Defense. Built highly secure cloud computing systems for research lab.
Patrick Kellogg Consulting
5/2001 - 12/2004
Started company to provide consulting services for the Colorado area, specializing in mathematical programming featuring MATLAB, combined with rapid application development in Java, Microsoft Visual Basic, and C/C++.
Graduate School and Internships at the University of Colorado at Boulder
9/1997 - 5/2001
Graduate student in computer science, specializing in advanced algorithms and signal processing. Thesis with the National Center for Atmospheric Research on the delivery of large amounts of scientific data over the internet. Internship at Qwest Wireless.
5/1995 - 6/1997
Programmer for local Denver consulting firm writing code in Visual C++, Visual Basic, and Oracle.
Keane and Associates
10/1992 - 5/1995
Programmer for Boston-based consulting firm, working with C, C++, Visual C++, Visual Basic, COBOL, and DB2.
Undergraduate Degree and Internships at the University of Minnesota
10/1987 - 5/1992
Electrical engineering degree with an emphasis in biomedicine in association with the Mayo Clinic. Worked with graduate students in the University of Minnesota Dental School biomaterials department to build an electronic instrument to measure tooth stress and strain. Then, used mathematical programs to plot and analyze the results. Also completed a three-year electrical engineering internship for a credit-card manufacturing company, testing parts and building a prototype machines for testing. Designed a custom hand-held test instrument using embedded controls and moved test instrument into small-run production.
Expanded resume available on request