Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering/ Minor in Computer Science
from the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis in 1992
Master's Degree in Computer Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2003 (GPA = 3.8)
Staff writer for the University of Minnesota's "Technolog" magazine. I wrote many articles on technical subjects such as nanotechnology, designer drugs, Japanese trade, and new age medicine, among other topics
Some of my work available on the web:
- Sample labs for a new class on "Advanced SQL" for Western Governor's University
I developed the initial syllabus, midterm questions, part of the final exam, a "traceability matrix", and labs.
The class launched October 28, 2018 at https://wgu.ucertify.com/courses
- Powerpoint presentations on Cryptography and Jim Sanborn's Kryptos sculpture
- A presentation on Clustering Using Evolutionary Programming
- Here is my Master's Thesis on collection and distribution of oceanographic data.
- A statistical paper on the card game "War"
- This is a web page on a "French Idiom Transducer", which was an interesting way of translating colloquial French into English
- Information I wrote about the "Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search"
- My work with efferent neural signals as a neural network model for attention
- My final paper on information theory for a "history of computer science" class